AA&C partner developed a course of action and brought in an Axiom attorney to:
- Introduce a higher level of legal sophistication
- Mitigate legal risk for the business
- Reduce hourly rates by 40% compared to a traditional law firm
Newly hired CFO at Manufacturer needed legal guidance and support with contract negotiation and execution, a range of agreements, and legal claims from human resources. However, company did not have in-house counsel, and hiring a law firm would have required paying high rates.
CFO at Manufacturer worked with Axiom Advice & Counsel (AA&C) to develop course of action for multiple legal needs. AA&C partner brought in a seasoned Axiom attorney with generalist domain knowledge and in-house experience in manufacturing to take on matters that varied from contract reviews and disputes, to developing templates, to legal guidance on a plant closing. In addition, the Axiom attorney looked into a legal claim the human resources department had a question about and learned it was a class action lawsuit. The Axiom attorney was able to avoid an award of damages after a default judgment and move towards a better outcome for the company.
- AA&C partner's and Axiom attorney’s guidance introduced a higher level of legal sophistication that enabled the company to standardize processes, manage risk, and operate with greater confidence from a legal standpoint.
- Axiom attorney conducted internal investigation to discover facts that will reduce potential damages, engaged local litigation counsel to negotiate with opposing counsel in advance of a hearing on damages, and mitigated legal risk for the business.
- Greater value for legal budget because AA&C and Axiom rates were significantly less that outside counsel.
*AA&C is an Arizona law firm. Axiom is a provider of legal talent and is not a law firm. Axiom lawyers engaged as independent contractors by AA&C work under AA&C’s supervision.
**Cost comparison contrasts actual AA&C and Axiom rates with rate of traditional law firm for work type, based on Wolters Kluwer Real Rate report.